Lino Print I have been experimenting with lino printing since November last year. I have cut my hands once or twice doing it, it takes a certain type of skill which is interesting and rewarding and I think this lino is one of my best so far. It has been taken from the photograph I took over Christmas using a good quality SLR with a micro lens. This image which has a lot of historical references I have chosen as it gives a spiritual blessing to those who visualize it,similar to the cherubs have been painted over the centuries and angels have a lot of symbolic meaning. This sort of imagine has a lot of longevity and meaning. I would like to print this in the negative of what I have printed it and compare the two together.Also changing the scale would also be interesting, I have only been working on A5. Another idea would be to reflect image so they looked in different directions. Creating a mirror image and playing with some sort of repeat maybe adding another motif. This image was ...
Comments
Post a Comment